Custom software development
For companies whose primary business depends on the quality of their software and information, Interface Lab is a premier Custom Software Development Company that provides software development and quality assurance services that solve crucial issues in Product Quality and Rapid Time to Market.
Interface Lab sustains a price/performance advantage for the software development lifecycle of our customers’ products. Over the last 20 years, it has been retained as a Custom Software Development and Quality Assurance company by many leading product and services vendors.
By combining a broad range of technical expertise with an unparalleled commitment to customer satisfaction, Interface Lab has become an authoritative option for companies looking for offshore software development services, including supplementing in-house resources in the delivery of discrete project components, integration of the latest technology with existing enterprise infrastructure, creating complex interactive and multimedia environments, and first-of-a-kind, start-to-finish development efforts.
We have perfected a clean, economical approach for entering and exiting your custom software development, maintenance and quality assurance processes at the right time, using the right resources.
Web Development and Design
It would be safe to say that Interface Lab’s degree of expertise and knowledge in web development and web design is second to none.
Interface Lab has nearly two hundred software developers, UI web and app designers experienced in various aspects ofJava development, .NET, Objective C, PHP, C++, Python, Ruby on Rails, HTML 5 and other technologies. In addition, Interface Lab’s software developers have technology skills in Android, iPhone and Windows mobile application design and development. We use various IDE and tools, depending on the customer and technical resource preference.Our wide-ranging software development and app design technical expertise is essential to deliver transparent support when the customer decides to switch technical direction, undergo language, platform migration or integrate with external products. For several of our customers we worked in .NET and then moved the product completely into Java environment. We have also ported large Web SaaS products from Java to Ruby on Rails (RoR) and even from Java to .NET. Interface Lab got you covered no matter what and how you want you application or software developed.
Interface Lab developers follow standard coding conventions and best practices for all types of projects. Coding guidelines are well documented and are taught to all employees based on internal document and industry’s best practices. These coding guidelines can be adapted to a particular customer’s requirements .For code security and penetration threat prevention Interface Lab has adapted secure software development guidelines developed by Security Innovation - the leader in code compliance and certification and application security risk reduction. If the customer requires an independent 3rd party audit of code Security Innovation will conduct threat assessments.
Interface Lab generally follows Agile development approach. Agile software development methodology provides flexibility to make prompt changes according to customer requirements, which results in a better client satisfaction. All Scrum Masters are formally trained and developers go through internal training as well. Agile development approach allows greater adaptability and much shorter response time to requirements’ change. Plus, it is ideally suited to the user-centric applications and projects with multiple stakeholders. Modular fully functional deliverables allow modifications and in-line corrections. The progress is precisely tracked, because daily communications ensure that everyone is on the same page. Concentration on the priorities allows more time to get the most important features done right.
Assessment and Roadmap Development
Whether you are an aspiring entrepreneur, a startup or a large company, Interface Lab will help you take a holistic view of your project, including strategic inputs such as: research, software development, application of technology and web services or software architecture. Our software development and technology assessment and roadmapping services can help you determine your key application components, target markets, market inhibitors, or even clarify product vision.
Our software development expertise in disciplines including search, business intelligence, knowledge management, communities and ontology, and the semantic net give us a huge advantage and helps us reduce that all-important time-to-specification - so you and your team can start as quickly as possible.
Some situations when you may want to partner with Interface Lab for our Roadmapping, Analysis and Software Architecture Services include:
• You would like to move an existing product to the Cloud and need the technical design to ensure the security and scalability are preserved and enhanced;
• You have an idea and a business plan and need to select the technology and create the technical roadmap on how your idea will become a reality;
• You are ready to mobile-enable your offering but want to ensure that platform selection, user interface, and technical design are all done right;
• You are switching to a SaaS product delivery and want to define the technical approach to the multi-tenant implementation;
• You are looking to establish a business case for introducing Big Data or other BI Technologies into your decision-making process;
• You are looking to refactor a legacy product into MVC tiered-architecture but do not have resources who know MVC well enough to understand the level of complexity and effort involved in refactoring;
• You are looking for a turn-key specification document that includes functional requirements and technical underpinnings that you can put out to bid by multiple vendors;
• You are building a new product but before retaining Interface Lab to build it you want to scope it out and plan the implementation track;
• You would like assistance with a particular track of Road Map definition such as Technology Selection or UX design;
Usually while assessing the technology and creating roadmap Interface Lab’s software development team proceeds along three tracks:
Business, People, and Technology
to synthesize the results into the project deliverables.
• Clearly understand product vision to ensure that the analysis and the proposal ar in line of the management’s aspirations
• Clarify specific deployment and access control requirements
• Define the roadmap
• Understand business drivers for the release schedule and related constraints in order to balance time vs. functionality
• Agree on the benchmarking requirements (scalability, response time, etc.)
• Finalize the development/deployment technologies
• Understand the existing code (if any) to the degree necessary to modify it
• Define a high-level architecture
• Determine and specify integration points with third party if appropriate
• Write up major Use Cases defining several primary scenarios of the product’s use to ensure overall usability and build internal consensus
• Understand the underlying business logic of the user-visible functionality
• Define features for end-users
Front End Development, UX and UI Design
We believe that front-end development strategy and UX need to factor in business purpose, branding and customer needs to fully support the product’s purpose itself.
Interface Lab’s expert team of front end and UI developers bring beautiful web experience to life using a proven methodology and cutting-edge technology base to build customized responsive cross-browser, cross-platform websites and applications. Our front end, UX and UI teams see a page as a collection of assets and have high attention to detail and writing code in a modular fashion. They constantly analyze how the assets will be used on the page and how they might be used across the entire site.
We have optimized UX methodology to provide a well-balanced mix of control, visibility and flexibility. Our goal is to enable our clients to establish long-term relationships with their customers and other stakeholders by effectively increasing conversion rates, providing comprehensive navigation and predicting how clients will interact with the product or service.
How do we do it?
• We start with analyzing client business goals and target user groups;
• We study how users will interact with the website or web application in great detail and document user behavior scenarios;
• We integrate usability testing on each stage of development to avoid vital mistakes that can slow down front end development process.
We use a wide array of the latest front end development and UI design technologies to enable full browser capabilities, website responsiveness and clean implementation:
• Responsive frameworks (Bootstrap/Foundation)
• Node.js platform
• Taskrunners (Gulp/Grunt)
Software Development Outsourcing
We focus on custom-fit, flexible solutions to address your time-sensitive requirements.
Interface Lab’s major strength is the ability to provide high quality services quickly with sustainable savings over the lifecycle of software products. We are versed in all manners of software development practices - Agile, SCRUM, Lean, Waterfall, Prototype, Incremental, Iterative, V-Model, Spiral, RAD, DSDM, RUP, and XP.
Interface Lab’s software development outsourcing engagements start with a basic discovery meeting to completely assess the size and scope of the effort. We don’t just think about how to get your software project built, we also plan how the project will be measured, tested, and deployed. We have the ability to do as little or as much as your team needs - from providing additional software development resources to managing the entire engagement.
However we engage with you, we will be part of your team during the entire software development lifecycle - from requirements to maintenance.
We work with you to overcome a particular business challenge in a way that satisfies your need for speed, cost effectiveness, and high quality.
Interface Lab takes responsibility for all phases of an application’s software
development lifecycle, including:
1. Road Map Assessment for translating business goals into rigorous requirements
2. Application design & development
3. Maintenance & Ports (repair, update)
4. Continuing product development and consolidation of redundant technologies and platforms to sustain its competitiveness
5. Knowledge continuity of ambient business problem, solution technologies, and enterprise infrastructure
6. Optimal allocation of development resources to ensure product quality and to reduce total cost of ownership
Mobile Application Development
Smartphones and tablets are replacing desktops and laptops, and users are demanding more and more functionality from their portable devices. Any software today needs a solid mobile strategy - or it’s dead in the water. Interface Lab has been a leader in mobile software development, creating native mobile apps as well as injecting mobile functionality into a range of enterprise software solutions.
Interface Lab has handled strategy, concept, design and development for dozens of mobile apps and mobile software components built on iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone 7.
The Interface Lab operating model - with top developers stationed around the world - delivers the company an advantage in mobile since many of these professionals hail from lands where mobile has leapfrogged wired communications platforms and penetration, usage and expectations are ahead of that seen in the U.S. This long-term experience with mobile provides the Interface Lab team an inherent advantage in terms of their understanding of best practices and real-world usage.
Some of the areas of expertise in custom mobile app development include:
• CMS Mobile Content management System
• Push notifications with deep linking
• Mobile analytics applications
• BYOD implementation
• Business applications
Automated or manual, we ensure an excellent result. We have perfected QA strategy and methodology that blend seamlessly into the development lifecycle without crossing the important boundary between the development and software quality assurance processes.
Why our Software QA?
• Quality assurance in-depth testing will continuously uncover functional issues and discrepancies and minimize the cost of fixing bugs.
• Our expertise in building detailed, exhaustive and realistic test plans as well as thoroughly following through with their execution will ensure efficiency, quality and value.
• Our experience in building effective cooperation between quality assurance engineers, development team and the Client will allow achieving excellent quality for the initial version of the software and ensure high user acceptance.
• Our software quality assurance services are available as a part of software development engagements or can be retained as stand-alone.
We offer full cycle quality assurance and application testing. Dedicated QA team will perform infrastructure analysis, develop a test plan, assess automation potential, and define and execute critical test cases.
A typical quality assurance lifecycle at Interface Lab is divided into 4 general phases:
1. Initiation phase: Within this phase QA engineers become acquainted with product requirements and prepare test artifacts for future tests.
2. First review phase: The first detailed tests of the initial development deliverables are completed in this phase. Sometimes it is necessary to improve QA artifacts in this phase.
3. Cycle phase: This phase involves the daily routine testing of the intermediate product versions.
4. Control phase: Within this phase the product is extensively examined to ensure it is ready for production. The QA documentation describes, in detail, all workflows inside and between all the phases, required artifacts, roles and activities involved, and defines the required artifact templates.
Project Management and QA Management
Interface Lab’s Project Managers or QA Managers can help establish a process to improve how overall development or quality assurance is handled and increase the productivity of the combined team. Interface Lab’s extensive software development experience allows to offer proven and efficient Project and QA Management methodologies focusing on:
• Requirements management
• Risk assessment and management
• Quality Assurance
• Knowledge and competence transfer
• Reporting setup and management
Software Development Project Management at Interface Lab is involved at each of these 3 phases:
1. Discovery Phase- project requirements analysis, current status of the tools and the software,Road Map creation.
2. Development Phase - design, coding, testing, and roll out.
3. Maintenance Phase - maintenance and product enhancement.
During each of these phases Project Manager makes sure that each member of the team understands his or her interdependencies, facilitates communications among departments, as well as manages processes and confirms that deliverables within each stage of the project life cycle have been met. For specific software development projects Manager’s duties usually incorporate those of Business Development and Communications. Project Manager creates the Release Plan that outlines the procedures needed to get the project out the door.
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGEMENT
At Interface Lab quality assurance is an integral part of software development lifecycle. Throughout hundreds of software development projects Interface Lab’s QA managers applied extensive knowledge to help determine, set and supervise processes, policies and standards, make effective recommendations that helped improve client’s existing processes.
Interface Lab QA Management Service provides skilled experts in quality assurance to improve existing process or set up the new one. Quality Assurance managers will not only analyze the standards and efficacy of the procedures, pinpoint potential weaknesses with regard to software development objectives, but also propose process restructuring options and suitable implementation methods.
On the demand of a client experienced QA management team will assess quality assurance requirements and help setup in-house software testing department and activities.
Software Maintenance and Support
There are times when your company may handle post development services, like software maintenance and support, in-house. And then there are times you need to outsource software maintenance to free up your team for more immediate work. Interface Lab maintenance and support teams are competent and qualified engineers concentrating solely on maintenance and support activities. Whether it is a software installation, daily service or product support or system upgrades and improvements, Interface Lab team will be an efficient resource to help you maximize return on investment and improve your business processes.
When you need to hand off a legacy product, Interface Lab is there to step in and pick up the slack. Interface Lab teams have plenty of experienced personnel with skills in older languages like C, C++, VB, VBA, Client/Server architectures and many more. Our highly skilled engineers jump in and immediately begin working with bug repositories and enhancements specs to churn out point releases while minimizing time spent by your analysts and other line of business personnel.
Big Data has become a strategic asset for many companies in a variety of industries. Increasingly, efficient operations rely on effective usage of vast amounts of structure and unstructured data. Data from the sources beyond internal databases can add significant value and competitive advantages. However, with the exponential growth of data, it becomes difficult to process it using database management tools along with traditional data processing applications.
Big Data processing, storage and analysis turned out to be extremely complicated for large-scale enterprises. Companies planning to exploit the benefits of Big Data are often facing the challenge of developing stand-alone efficient solution to operate humongous volumes of unstructured data that is cost-efficient, secure and addresses specific business need.
Even before the term Big Data existed, Interface Lab development teams have been developing enterprise-wide analytics and business critical solutions for the companies trying to effectively use large amounts of structured and unstructured data from various sources. We combine extensive multi-industry experience with innovative approach to Big Data storage, analysis and processing techniques development.
Interface Lab is a perfect partner for clients seeking effective solutions tailored to business specific needs paired with cost effectiveness, reliability and diverse functionality.
Big Data transforms decision-making process in many industries, including Finance, Energy, Telecommunications, Web services and more. At Interface Lab, we understand that it can be hard to analyze the potential benefits of the unused data and figure out the ways to gain competitive advantage with Big Data technologies. That is why we have experience Data Scientists with PhDs in Mathematics, Statistics and other related disciplines who help our clients make the most out of their data assets and determine profitable data models.
Interface Lab can help you design and build necessary software solutions to better utilize data assets across your organization.
Big Data Development Services:
• Big Data project assessment
• System analysis, roadmapping and system architecture to support Big Data initiatives
• Data warehousing architecture, development and support
• ETL design and development
• Querying and reporting
• Providing security solutions to handle dynamic, unstructured and structured data
• Custom software development to handle Big Data specific objectives
Interface Lab Big data development services deliver customized solutions for a variety of clients ranging from small data analytics startups to large enterprises. Interface Lab development teams and Data Scientists will pinpoint essential components of the Big Data project, transform it into technical requirements and build reliable software solution.